Blog Journal #4

 Standard LAFS.4.W.2.6 says to support students while they use technology to write and publish online and collaborate with others. I do feel prepared to implement this based on my previous experience to online writing. I used to write stories when I was in school, and I have found websites that I feel safe sharing my ideas on. I also feel well prepared because of these blog journal entries. 

The standard I chose was to identify circumstances that can help or hinder healthy decision making, and a resource that went with it was original student tutorial. I think this could be an engaging opportunity to get the students to create something fun highlighting the decisions we make daily. It could be a TikTok taking you through a day in the life of a healthy person, showing all the opportunities one comes across in a day. I think this is a way to get students to use technology they are already familiar with in a scholarly way. 

Internet searching is extremely important as a teacher because it is such a vast tool, and as a teacher it will be important to use any time as effectively as possible. I think I will use the filetype search the most. Sometimes when I am looking for research papers or other educational resources, I will sort through many links. Now that I know I can search by filetype I will save time by narrowing it down to pdfs only. 

Comments

  1. Hi Summer! Your blog was super interesting about the way to incorporate technology into the classroom. I love the idea of showing the TikTok of a healthy day in the life to the students. I feel that if we model a positive environment to students, they will replicate it! I also agree that the most efficient tool I will use is filetype because I look so a lot of academic articles, but they're hard to find in a regular Google search.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Jornal #10

Blog Journal #3

Blog Journal #5